It’s simple. We believe every single person that walks through our doors is beautiful. Our goal? Help them see and feel it, too. Follow our hashtag #discoveryourbeautiful and #beautifulinthecity to take a tour of our work and clientele in a new series we are calling Beautiful In The City. And, surprise! We launch today.
We are fortunate to work with some truly amazing clients. Our clientele is diverse in age, ethnicity, backgrounds and interests- and it got us thinking… how impactful would it be to capture our clients, everyday men and women who call Nashville home, in everyday environments showcasing their unique beauty all styled to perfection by their Style House glam team? We are so excited to finally introduce ‘Beautiful In The City.’ A series of stories told through beautiful imagery highlighting fashion, style, culture and the beauty of everyday life in Nashville, TN.
Small Businesses. Good Style. That is the Nashville we know and love.
When you think of Nashville, what first comes to mind? Daisy Dukes, bachelorette parties and hot chicken, maybe? Yes, all definitely here. But beyond the “Nash Vegas” faćade, lives a deeply-rooted artist town rich in spirit and a lot of heart. Hard-working small businesses, a thriving music and arts community, and so. much. talent. Big brands, small brands. And it’s growing like crazy.
In order to pull off our vision for Beautiful In The City, we contacted a handful of these neighboring small businesses and asked them if we could use their space for our amazing photographer (Jamie Wright Images) to capture our models. These were obviously hair photoshoots, but we also wanted to highlight the like-minded small businesses we support in the area who put quality service and people first, like we do.
Five Daughters, A Million Donuts, And One Killer Pony Tail
First up: Five Daughters Bakery. This super cute shop has become quite the destination in the 12 South neighborhood (they have three other Nashville-area locations, among a few out of state as well). Owners Isaac, Stephanie and (yes, they really have five daughters), just want their guests to enjoy good food. So simple, isn’t it? Everyone there is genuinely happy to see you and serve you at their “table”. It’s a very comfortable and seemingly familiar vibe when you walk in. I attribute this feeling to their reason for business. Just look at their Core Values:
- Love one another – Our relationships matter more than our bottomline
- Honor one another
- Use the highest quality products – Local first, organic second, always non-gmo
- Supreme Customer Service
- Be our best – Make the best pastries & treats with the best possible ingredients in the best atmosphere – served with joy!
This team was so kind and they were so willing to help us out. (Thanks, Tyler, Ronnie and Team!) We had the best afternoon with them trying all sorts of treats and capturing the undeniably happy and warm energy of their donut shop. Go visit and try every single donut. We promise- you won’t leave hungry or disappointed.
Meet Our Gorgeous Client, Catherine
Catherine sees Emilee for cut/color and we just love the way she rocked her updated blonde ponytail. A military brat, she has lived all over the south – NC, SC, GA, FL, CA, NY, DC, TN (not to mention four years of international travel on cruise ships). So cool!
Catherine is a professional singer, so she is constantly gigging all over the United States and Europe, (hi, quick and easy option for the stage!), but when she’s home, she also works at Orange Theory Green Hills, just down the block from Style House! (Hey, neighbors!) We asked her what a favorite Nashville past time is and she said visiting Centennial Park for picnics or jogs! How cute is she?
When asked her about her experience with #beautifulinthecity, she said, “It was FANTASTIC – the experience was very empowering. I felt supported and beautiful the entire time. I loved all of the good vibes from the entire Style House team! Obviously, getting to try out the different donuts at Five Daughter’s Bakery was a highlight, but I loved the entire experience from start to finish. Getting my hair and makeup done, choosing the outfits, and getting locked in the bathroom (HAHA).” We obviously had some laughs. 😂
Q: When do you feel most beautiful?
A: “I feel beautiful when I’m laughing. When I’m in the sunshine. When I’m singing. When I get dressed up. When I’m with friends/family.”
About The Look
Stylist Emilee Rosson was responsible for this gorgeous updated pony tail that would be as perfect for a night out as it would be for the office: talk about a look that takes you from meeting to happy hour.
Emilee used the following products to create the look:
- Texture Wave Texturizing Spray by Shuuemura: This dry texturizing spray offers long-lasting flexible hold while providing an airy finish from mid-lengths to ends while increasing hair volume at the roots. Great for second-day hair and perfect for creating beach waves with grip and hold. Leaving hair with a matte finish.
- Sheer Lacquer Hair Spray by Shuuemura: Achieve all your styling desires courtesy of this fine micro-mist hair spray that creates a strong, yet flexible hold with long-lasting finish and workable control that ensures shape memory so you can brush through after application and still enjoy long-lasting staying power. The hair spray also contains UV inhibitors that shield from environmental aggressors & provides heat protection and humidity resistance. Great for slicked back styles, high hold updos and texturized blowouts.
- L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Super Dust: This texture powder is gorged in mineral powder for extra volume with a matte finish. This powder is best used on textured, crimped or wavy styles and adds ample body for fine hair.
Stylist and Makeup Artist Hannah Draeger matched the updated pony tail vibe with a palette fit for day and night.
Hannah’s favorite products used to create the look:
- Glo Minerals Luminous Liquid Foundation: Hannah loves this product for its natural, full-coverage look. It instantly revitalizes the skin with a soft focus effect. This lightweight liquid mineral formula provides incredible coverage to help erase imperfections and enhance radiance. The SPF-18 Luminous Foundation is formulated with light-diffusing Diamond Powder, broad-spectrum UV protection and specialized moisturizing agents to deliver a flawless, youthful complexion.
- Becca Luminous Blush: A buildable pressed luminous powder that instantly awakens your entire complexion with cheek-popping color.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: Hannah loves this spray because it’s great for Nashville’s Humidity and has top notch lasting power. Mist on this weightless spray to give your makeup serious staying power. All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray keeps makeup looking gorgeously just-applied for up to 16 hours—without melting, fading or settling into fine lines.
- Face Stockholm Lipsticks: Hannah loves the great pigment options and longevity. These lipsticks provide perfect, rich cream coverage in a multitude of delectable sheer, shimmer and non-shimmer shades.
Meet Jamie Wright Images
Nashville native and professional photographer, Jamie has been creating and telling stories with his camera for 25 years and he’s still loving every second of it. See more of his work on his website or on Instagram.
More Beautiful In The City stories coming soon. We can’t wait to share more with you all! Up next, Ole Smoky Distillery!